[MarkLogic Dev General] Querying attributes

Thu May 23 01:31:49 PDT 2013

Dear All,
I was trying to query the atribute value using Xquery in MarkLogic and
no matter what, I dont seem to be printing the value...
So this is what I do...

 for $college at $position in  $doc//college
   return
            {$college/name}
            {$college/@id}

This is interesting as the first div is prints the name of the
college... the second is empty..  if I change the xpath to:
            {$college/@*[1]/name()}
 this does print the text "id"  , which is correct.

so I tried

            {$college/@*[1] }

I thought that this should print the value in the attribute id, which
is also the first attribute...

There is probably something very basic, I am missing... So please help!

Thanks
--Dak