[MarkLogic Dev General] dls version

Wayne Feick wayne.feick at marklogic.com
Tue Oct 1 10:40:51 PDT 2013

Hi Rushabh,

Check out the documentation for dls:retention-rule(), and
dls:retention-rule-insert().

Older versions are retained if there is a retention rule that matches
them. Since you don't have any retention rules, nothing is being retained.

The docs have some simple examples that you can customize to meet your
needs.

Wayne.

On 10/01/2013 12:31 AM, Metha, Rushabh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am doing some testing on managed doc.
> /test/abc.doc
> /test/abc_doc_versions/1-abc.doc
>

> When doing dls:document-update I observe that a new version gets
> created but the old version is getting deleted
> (although i am able to see the uri of old version but cant access the
> old version)
>
> /test/abc.doc
> /test/abc_doc_versions/1-abc.doc
> /test/abc_doc_versions/2-abc.doc
>
> Now I am not able to access /test/abc_doc_versions/1-abc.doc.
>
> I am doing dls:document-update with retain-history as true and have no
> retention-rules as of now.
> Could you please advise what is the issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Rushabh Mehta
> Call:(W) +91 40 66674084
> This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of
> the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
> privileged, confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended
> recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete and
> destroy all copies and attachments, and be advised that any review or
> dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
> information contained in or attached to this message is prohibited.
> Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or
> a solicitation of any investment products or other financial product
> or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an
> official statement of Sender. Subject to applicable law, Sender may
> intercept, monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling
> through its networks/systems and may produce any such EC to
> regulators, law enforcement, in litigation and as required by law.
> The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the
> handling of EC, and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in
> countries other than the country in which you are located. This
> message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or
> viruses. Attachments that are part of this EC may have additional
> important disclosures and disclaimers, which you should read. By
> messaging with Sender you consent to the foregoing.

Wayne Feick
Principal Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Wayne.Feick at marklogic.com
Phone: +1 650 655 2378
www.marklogic.com

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.