[MarkLogic Dev General] SSD and fast data directory

Gary Russo Gary.Russo at marklogic.com
Tue Oct 1 19:31:46 PDT 2013

Hello Will,

>> I realize this may depend on exactly *how* fast of an SSD and HDD, but are there any rules of thumb (or exceptions to look out for)?

As you say, it all depends on the quality of the SSD and HDD.

I don't know of any rule of thumb but this write up may be useful. => http://www.storagereview.com/marklogic_nosql_database_storage_benchmark

The write up compares storage options using latency instead of throughput (MB/sec).

As you'd expect, the latency of the HDD storage systems tested have much higher latency than the SSD systems.

Gary Russo
Professional Services Media Consultant
MarkLogic