[MarkLogic Dev General] increase time limit for HTTP server via admin interface

Harry B. dnaguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 10:32:40 PDT 2013

Are you sure you're using the settings correctly?

There's two settings involved...*max time limit* (default is like 3600) and
*default time limit* (default is 600)

If you increase max time limit, but don't have your application call
xdmp:set-request-time-limit higher than the 600, it will still only allow
600, which is the default limit.

I think what you want to do is increase the default time limit for that
application in the admin config to 3600. Alternately, you can leave the
default and use xdmp:set-request-time-limit() in your code to go higher,
but no matter what you put in that function, you won't exceed the max time
limit setting...

Hope this helps. It took me a few times fighting this to get the settings
straight in my head. I was thinking of them differently.