[MarkLogic Dev General] Issue with nested query

Vijayasekar Padmanaban Vijayasekar_P at infosys.com
Wed Oct 16 21:45:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

We have got an requirement for using nested queries within search:search API. However, using nested queries returns false positive results. Below is an example xml I am working with.

<root>
                <child1>abc
<child2>abc</child2>
                </child1>
</root>

I am trying to identify xmls having <child2> element with <child1> as its parent. For that, I have used below nested query within my search (passing the below query as additional query to search:search API):

cts:element-query(xs:QName("child1"),
                cts:element-value-query(xs:QName("child2"), "*")
)

However, the above query yields false positive results (it returns xmls having <child1> element alone). Could someone throw some lights on this issue?

Regards,
Vijay

Infosys e-mail system.