[MarkLogic Dev General] Issue with nested query

Vijayasekar Padmanaban Vijayasekar_P at infosys.com
Wed Oct 16 21:45:05 PDT 2013


We have got an requirement for using nested queries within search:search API. However, using nested queries returns false positive results. Below is an example xml I am working with.


I am trying to identify xmls having <child2> element with <child1> as its parent. For that, I have used below nested query within my search (passing the below query as additional query to search:search API):

                cts:element-value-query(xs:QName("child2"), "*")

However, the above query yields false positive results (it returns xmls having <child1> element alone). Could someone throw some lights on this issue?


**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely 
for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please 
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not 
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and 
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken 
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage 
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your 
own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the 
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail 
address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the 
Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://developer.marklogic.com/pipermail/general/attachments/20131017/413a2b62/attachment.html 

More information about the General mailing list