[MarkLogic Dev General] Regarding Excluding a node from search

Geert Josten Geert.Josten at marklogic.com
Thu Jul 23 07:01:06 PDT 2015

Hi Indy,

I think you are looking for the Phrase-Arounds setting on your database. Or if you are using a Field, you can add that element to the exclude list..

Kind regards,
Geert

From: <general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general-bounces at developer.marklogic.com>> on behalf of Indrajeet Verma <indrajeet.verma at gmail.com<mailto:indrajeet.verma at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 3:57 PM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion <general at developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general at developer.marklogic.com>>
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] Regarding Excluding a node from search

Hi All,

I am doing free text search by using search libraries. I am using search:search/search:resolve etc.. We have elements <footnote> inside documents and I don't want to include these nodes in my search.

e.g.

If I search Effective , this should not return result.

If I search confidential , this should return result however match count should be only 2 NOT 3. Also confidential  that is under footnote should not be highlighted.

<doc>
<footnote id="R09-IDANDNQ-R09-IDAE00T-FN7" content-type="secondary">
        <para>
            <text>Effective February 3, 2015, confidential  </text>
       </para>
</footnote>
<num>(a)</num>
    <para>
        <text>An SCI entity (as defined in
            of this chapter) shall not omit the confidential portion from the material filed in electronic format on Form SCI pursuant to Regulation SCI,
            <italic>et seq</italic>., and, in lieu of the procedures described in
             of this section, may request confidential treatment of all information provided on Form SCI by completing Section IV of Form SCI.
        </text>
    </para>
</doc>

Is there any way to exclude elements from the search?

Regards,
Indy