Thank you for your interest in an open source project administered by the MarkLogic Corporation (the “Project”). This Agreement states the terms under which you, the person listed below, may contribute to the Project any software, modifications or additions, bug fixes, documentation, or any other materials that you provide (whether electronically, verbally, or in written form) to MarkLogic Corporation (“MarkLogic” or “us”) related to the Project (each a “Contribution”). This license is for your protection as well as the protection of MarkLogic and its licensees. This Agreement does not otherwise change your rights to use your own Contributions for any other purpose. Please complete the following information about you and the Contributions and either (a) sign electronically by filling out the form below or (b) sign and submit the form to the contact information below.
If you develop software or create software code as a part of your employment, or if your employer is in the business of developing software, or otherwise may claim rights in the Contributions, please provide information about your employer’s policy on contributing to open source projects below, including the name of the supervisor to contact in connection with such contributions.
If you have questions about this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.
You and MarkLogic acknowledge and agree:
- Control of the Project. We, in our sole discretion, determine the Contributions that will be included in the Project. You understand that this Agreement, and your submission of any Contribution, does not guarantee that any such Contributions will be included in the Project.
- License Grants. You hereby grant to MarkLogic, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and fully paid-up, sublicenseable, and transferable license under all of your relevant intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent, trade secret, and any other rights), to use, copy, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute and publicly perform and publicly display your Contributions on any licensing terms, in our sole discretion, including without limitation: (a) the GNU General Public License, the GNU Lesser General Public License, the Common Public License, the MIT License, the Apache License, or the Berkeley Software Distribution license; and (b) binary, proprietary, or commercial licenses. You hereby grant to MarkLogic and to recipients of the Project a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid up and royalty-free, irrevocable patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Project, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by you that are necessarily infringed by your Contributions alone or by combination of your Contributions with the Project.
- Ownership. Except for the licenses granted herein, you reserve all right, title, and interest in and to your Contributions.
- Your Representations. You represent that you are able and entitled to grant us the above license rights. You represent that your Contributions are your original works of authorship, and to your knowledge, no other person claims, or has the right to claim, any right in any intellectual property right, including without limitation invention or patent rights, related to your Contributions. You also represent that you are not legally obligated, whether by entering into an agreement or otherwise, in any way that conflicts with the terms of the foregoing license grant. If your employer has rights to intellectual property that you create, you represent that you have received permission to make your Contributions on behalf of that employer, or that your employer has waived such rights for your Contributions.
- No Implied Warranties. MarkLogic acknowledges that, except as explicitly described in this Agreement, your Contribution is provided on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Full name: ____________________________________________________________
Email address: ____________________________________________________________
GitHub account: ____________________________________________________________
State or province: _____________________________________________________
Postal code: _____________________________________________________
Phone number: ____________________________________________________________
Corporate contributor information:
You may print the document and send the original to:
Attn: Contract Administrator
999 Skyway Road,
San Carlos, CA 94070
You may also send a scanned PDF of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.